Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thing # 10

Creative Commons
I found that using Creative Commons was very easy.  I just click on the Creative Commons Search Tool and typed in what I wanted to find. I have never noticed the CC logo on websites as I downloaded material.   I do not think the CC logo will impact the students but it will impact how I use material from websites, and I will communicate the same message to my students about fair use. I have learned that Creative Commons will allow me the freedom to share and reuse material that I got off the web legally.  The only negative thing I see about Creative Commons is trying to get the students to buy in to using material legally.

1 comment:

  1. You're right - it's hard to get the students to buy in, but that is part of our job - to teach them the ethical use of media.

    ReplyDelete