Friday, December 31, 2010

Thing 18

I love using Teacher Tube and You Tube.  Of course like most things on the internet, I have to sort through different sites to get what I want.  There are videos, speeches, clips and raps  for just about any topic.  The students love it also.  This gives teachers another tool to help their students learn various concepts.  My wife went searching for a concept to help her students better understand a Science concept. The kids loved it and always wanted her to play it before they left class. She used it as her closure for the lesson and a a grabber for the lesson the next day.  Using Teacher Tube and You Tube is another way to meet the needs of those students that my be visual and auditory learners.
There is a negative side to using Teacher Tube and You Tube in that students need to understand that not everything that is put on their is going to be error free. They need to do their own research on different topics before settling on a particular site. One video I discovered that I thought would be great for my students is a speech form the novel To Kill a Mockingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment