Friday, December 31, 2010

Thing 22

Social Networking allows people to connect, reconnect, form relationships, and share interest and ideas on line.  Many people use My Space and Facebook  to social network.  Both newtworks seem to have their pros and cons. With My space you can keep in touch with your friends through email, blogs, forums, and bulletins, and you can add music to your page. The cons to using My Space is that anyone can contact you. I am not sure this is safe for teenagers that create My Space pages.  I think it is important that educators know about social networks because our students use this to communicate.

Facebook is a great way to keep up with friends, upload photos, and meet new people. 
I do not have a Facebook or a My Space account.  I have no interest in Social Networking at this level.  I took this class so I can learn more about using the computer and I am not so sure this is one avenue that I am ready to fully explore. 
I did create a Facebook page using an alias. I was able to find some of my family's member's page. I requested to be their friend, however, I doubt if they will add me to their page since I used the name Thomas Cook.  


http://www.facebook.com/gettingstarted.php?step=contact_importer#!/profile.php?id=100001359269085

No comments:

Post a Comment