Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thing 7a

In my Google Reader, I found an article title  Jets Fined $100,000 For Sideline Trip. The article tells how the New York Jets were fined by the NFL because their Coach tripped a Miami Dolphins player on the sideline in a game.  The league fined the team because they wanted to emphasize that clubs are accountable for the actions of their employees. I found this very interesting in that the Coach was not fined. He was suspended but he should have been fined also. The club has millions and I doubt that $100,000 is going to hurt them.  However, if the coach was fined than he would think twice for deliberately tripping another player running down the field. I think this sends the wrong message to Coaches.
 http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/31/sports/football/31alosi.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

No comments:

Post a Comment